WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country ∙
- Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Moko’s goal is to change the way people experience their everyday home. We have an ambitious development pipeline that spans mattresses to sofas with the goal of making our customers’ dream of leading a modern lifestyle a reality. We’re looking to add a Retail Operations Officer aka Operations Ninja who will be responsible for running Moko’s day-to-day logistical operations and demand planning. You’ll put into use your relationship building skills to establish relationships and manage partners and service providers alike, as we expand our reach. Finally, you’ll be an excellent people manager, who can motivate and grow the team.
- Ensure we fulfill our customers’ orders (aka dreams) by coordinating with the production team to ensure that inventory and production is aligned with sales trends
- Implement set initiatives to achieve infinity-ready delivery and order fulfillment
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand planning accuracy
Lead, inspire and continuously improve your team
- Lead & inspire the delivery team to complete their day-to-day tasks and achieve their set KPIs. Some of the rhythms you will use to do this include:
- o Help your team make daily and weekly checklists to plan their time effectively
- o Run team meetings with the broader delivery team
- o Join the team in the ‘front line’ e.g. going on deliveries
- With support from your supervisor, identify and implement systems and processes to improve the productivity of the team (e.g. review + bonus systems)
- Contribute to the success of the broader retail team and the company in general through collaboration with colleagues
- Work with your team and your supervisor to identify opportunities to continuously improve the delivery and payment reconciliation process
- Foster cross-team collaboration and act as a bridge so that relevant information is communicated across all teams: retail, customer care, operations, and manufacturing
- Continuously identify areas of improvements and recommend action plans to ensure we keep delivering the biggest smiles to our customers
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You are an analytical thinker and problem solver with the ability to make decisions based on data
- You are an exceptional project manager who pays extra attention to details when developing and executing a plan
- You have strong process management skills with the ability to execute work plans with limited to no supervision
- You have the ability to develop and implement continuous improvements to the operational systems and processes that you manage
- You collaborate well with colleagues, achieving positive reviews from peers, supervisors, and direct reports
- You have strong leadership skills, with the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers, and colleagues.
- Candidates with at least 2 years’ experience supervising a team preferable