WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is bringing modern furniture designs and world-class customer service to every Kenyan family. Our customers dream of a welcoming place to sleep, relax, and host their guests, but they tell us this isn’t easy – they either have to break the bank or settle for low-quality furniture. Join us in building the products, the brand, and the operations, to put quality, affordable living within everyone’s reach. Since our founding, we have reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products, attracted global investment, and grown from a start-up to a growth-stage company with 250+ employees
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Moko’s Head of Operations & Supply Chain is responsible for scaling our supply chain and distribution to reach millions of customers. We’re looking for a self-driven and analytical leader with the ability to direct and grow our operations team and systems toward this goal. You’ll be excited to solve big problems like building out a local network of contract manufactured furniture suppliers and delivering smiles to thousands of customers each month. You’ll be obsessed with order and efficiency, creating, and improving systems to organize and streamline the work of your team as it expands.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Moko’s products are made from “the good stuff”, and it’s always on-hand
- Manage and expand a network of the best suppliers in Kenya and around the world – for factory raw materials and contract manufactured furniture products.
- Define and implement quality standards and controls to ensure we receive the top-quality materials and products every time.
- Level-up our inventory management, making stock-outs a thing of the past.
- Ensure a scalable, diverse supply base that delivers increasing volumes as we continue to grow.
Make WOW deliveries at the scale every time
- Manage and grow our consumer and B2B distribution operations to efficiently deliver every order on time – from 800 to 7,000 home deliveries per month within the next two years.
- Make home deliveries – a major touchpoint with our customers – a smiley Moko experience.
- Run one of the most efficient delivery operations East Africa has ever seen – operating within cost per unit volume and cost per product targets.
Keep & secure a happy home for Moko
- Ensure strong systems and SOPs are in place for all inventory movements – every warehouse passes regular stock audits with flying colors.
- Coordinate environment, health, and safety initiatives across the company, ensuring high standards are adhered to in order to achieve a safe work environment.
- Ensure strong facility management and security protocols in place throughout our warehouse and factory facilities.
Lead like a Moko-er
- Serve on our Senior Leadership Team, setting the organization-wide strategy, and coordinating with other functional leads.
- Invest in coaching and development of your team, growing their capacity, and raising up the next generation of Moko leaders.
- Maintain a high-performance culture, setting ambitious targets, and rewarding outstanding accomplishment.
- Build an environment that is direct and honest, encourages initiative, and puts our customers’ smiles first.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You are eager to take responsibility for a key function at a senior leadership level and energized to build an extraordinary Home + Living brand.
- You have deep experience in supply chain and distribution
- You are an adaptable leader, with experience leading large teams through periods of change, and a track record of motivating and developing your direct reports toward outstanding results.
- You are highly systems-oriented, matching your process improvement toolkit with a strong understanding of cost controls to drive value addition through efficiency.
- You are a strong strategic planner, translating the company’s goals into measurable outcomes that guide your team to success.
- You are a strong critical thinker and problem solver, using a sharp understanding of the bigger picture to effectively overcome operational hurdles.